Uniform File Permission Modifier
Sets Uniform File and Directory Permissions
UFPM, Uniform File Permission Modifier, is designed to modify all files and directories to have a uniform permission set based upon their file type. This application solves the problem of inconsistent permissions within a user's home directory. Often these permission variations are a result of moving files between file systems that have permissions and those that do not, e.g. off a USB pen drive.
Stable Version 1.5.0
There are packages of the current stable version below, or checkout the stable release branch using Mercurial .
- Gives regular files and directories different appropriate permissions.
- Files and directories are only modified if they do not already contain the appropriate permissions.
- Backup files, hidden files, and hidden directories are all given appropriate permissions.
- Script files are given appropriate permissions.
- ELF binaries can all be given appropriate permissions.
- Give files and directories a unified user and group setting.
If you have an issue, enhancement, or wish that you would like to let us know. Please submit your report and we'll address it.
Downloads & Packages
Operating system specific packages and installers are available below. Select the download which most matches your computer and desired install wishes.
Select a download below to have a runnable version installed onto your computer. All binary packages are signed using my FSF key .
|Executable||All||No Arch||No Arch|
Select the download below to have the source code extracted onto your computer.
You can track the current development version by using Mercurial .