UFPM, Uniform File Permission Modifier, is designed to modify all files and directories to have a uniform permission set based upon their file type. This application solves the problem of inconsistent permissions within a user's home directory. Often these permission variations are a result of moving files between file systems that have permissions and those that do not, e.g. off a USB pen drive.
Stable Version 1.5.0
- Gives regular files and directories different appropriate permissions.
- Files and directories are only modified if they do not already contain the appropriate permissions.
- Backup files, hidden files, and hidden directories are all given appropriate permissions.
- Script files are given appropriate permissions.
- ELF binaries can all be given appropriate permissions.
- Give files and directories a unified user and group setting.
If you have an issue, enhancement, or wish that you would like, submit your report and it will be addressed.
These projects are developed on a part-time basis. Donations help not just pay bills, like this website, but guide which projects are in more demand by users. You can cast your vote for this project, and get more attention for your loved project. There is not a minimum donation.
Downloads & Packages
Operating system specific packages and installers are available below. Select the download which most matches your computer and desired install wishes.